Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Water Gate Sue

I'm still trying to figure this bloc stuff out. I just post and pray it goes to write discussion board. I'm getting a true education in ways i hadn't planned. I'm always up for a challenge.
On Mondays class we discussed the comic Watergate Sue. The professor raised so interesting talking pints for the class to consider.
History, reliable narrator and character development. The class was a lot more lively than usual. My thoughts on the comic were that the protangist was looking for her mother for a connection and she was hoping that by announcing she was pregnant that would be the link. Watergate Sue due to she was conceived during the Watergate hearings, lam old enough to where i remember that time along with whole Patty Hearst kidnapping crisis. The mother like a lot of women during that time were pressured by society to conform to a certain perspections such homemake, wife and mother. She seemed to be a woman who desired higher learning and most of all wanted her daughters to experience life on their own terms. Was this said - no- but i added that based my own assumptions.

No comments: