Friday, July 27, 2007

Update on new GN and my trip to Zandua Comics

I made down to Zandua Comics on 3rd ave and what a fun experience. The book store has such ambience's. All the customers i seen with exception myself all looked like comic fanatics. Emily is the owner and she was real helpful. l told her i was interested in GN by women and she gave me her picks. So i brought Persepolis and an Anthology of women GN and i cant wait to begin. I plan on going back next week when i can really spend time and look around. I love book stores especially the funky/hip stores.

I just begun reading the GN Persepolis and so far I like it. The graphics are very basic but powerful. there is one scene where she is describing how Shah of Iran killed 400 students during a protest and she demonstrates the horror with a childlike drawing of ghost descending to heaven. I've only read about 30 pages so far but l can tell this is my kind of GN (history,politics, memoir)

No comments: